söndag 14 augusti 2016

Cheese Soufflé


Cheese Soufflé

Ingredients
2 tbsp plain flour
2½ dl milk
4 egg yolks
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of grated nutmeg
½ tsp cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons cornstarch
200g grated cheese
5 egg whites
3 tablespoons butter

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 225 ° Celsius. Whisk the flour in half of the milk in a saucepan. Add the remaining milk and bring to the boil while whisking. Let cool slightly. Whisk in the egg yolks, salt, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, cornstarch and cheese. Beat the eggwhites stiff and fold them into the batter. Grease serving molds carefully. Pour the batter into the mold. Bake in the bottom of the oven for 15-20 min.

Serving suggestions: Serve with a salad.


This is a really RETRO DISH! It is considered to be a 70´s dish. Well I believe it must be true since I have never had it or seen it since 1979/80 and I was 16 and went to Sunnfjord Folkehögskole in Förde in Norway. There was a dish we used to get in the dining hall which I loved: Ostsufflé (Cheese Soufflé). Somehow I had the mindset it was hard to make, that it would not be easy to get it fluffy and rise and I have not attempted to make it more than once after as I can recall. Here in Sweden I have never eaten it for 30 years. So this weekend I was looking at my empty fridge and cupboards wondering what I could make with what I had there. So I found I had ingredients to make this dish that I often have been craving. And you know it turned out so good! It is also not hard to succeed with at all! Just make sure you beat the egg whites stiff and use well-greased molds, than it is easy to succeed with soufflé.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar